Thursday, September 2, 2010

The arc of moral universe

One year after the show of strength and resolve by the people of Iran on Qods day and their denunciation of the repressive regime’s accent on putting other nations and populations above Iran’s by chanting “neither Gaza, nor Lebanon, My life for my Iran”, we witness the endurance of our oppressed and a gradual corrosion and deterioration of the clerical dictatorship and fragmentation of its bases.

The free world observed Martin Luthor King’s famous “I have a dream” speech anniversary merely a few days ago, on August 27th. The day Dr. King had another quote that today, capsulates the dream we Iranians hold dear in our hearts when he said “the arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice”. And justice we shall have in Iran.


p.s.- Dr. King borrowed this inspirational quote from another visionary, Theodore Parker, who in 19th century said: "I do not pretend to understand the moral universe; the arc is a long one, my eye reaches but little ways; I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. And from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice."

No comments:

Post a Comment